Vicarious Trauma Live Stream
Strategies for Resilience
Jun 11, 2020 (9:00 AM - 4:00 PM Central Time)
Trainer: Vicki Enns, MMFT, RMFT
Price: $ 99.00 (*early rate) $ 119.00 (regular rate)
*early rate expires May 21, 2020
This is a live stream event, please check our system requirements prior to registering.
Helpers regularly encounter stories and symptoms of trauma in their roles. There is growing evidence that the impact of directly supporting others through experiences of trauma goes beyond burnout or fatigue. The toll of witnessing intense human experiences and emotions can contribute to a negative transformation of a helper’s own sense of safety, and of being competent and purposeful. This workshop will provide participants with the opportunity to examine their own experiences and become aware of the signs of both vicarious trauma and vicarious growth. Participants will have the opportunity to develop a personalized plan to repair negative effects as well as accelerate their resilience.
About This Workshop
Some of the Topics Included
- Signs of Vicarious Trauma
- Anchor Points that Keep You Solid and Steady
- Empathy – A Vicarious Experience
- Building Self-Awareness of the Impact of Working with Trauma
- External Factors Impacting the Effects of Trauma Work
- Individual Factors Impacting the Effects of Trauma Work
- Recognize the Sound and Feel of Your Alarm
- Strategies for Building Empathic Resilience
- Practicing Vicarious Resilience
- Building a Personalized Plan
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop for social service and health care professionals, counselors, social workers, school personnel, and anyone working in the helping profession.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, case study exercises, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Describe the process of vicarious impact on a helper from working with trauma
- Distinguish between the concepts of secondary stress, vicarious trauma, and vicarious resilience
- Identify key vulnerabilities and strengths in one’s own practice as a helper
- List strategies for the transformation of vicarious impact into resilience
About Our Workshops
More Training Options On This Topic
What our clients have to say…
Add this to your Calendar
Terms & Conditions
Registrations cancelled seven or more days prior to the event are refundable, minus a administrative fee. Alternatively, you may receive a credit to attend a future training. Cancellations less than seven days prior to the workshop are non-refundable. If at any time you are unable to attend the event, you are welcome to transfer your registration to another individual at no extra cost. In this case, please notify CTRI of the name of the alternate person.
We reserve the right to cancel events due to unforeseen circumstances or under-enrolment. Liability is limited to a refund of event fees only.
You Will Receive
Group Registration Instructions
To register a group for a workshop, choose the appropriate number you would like to register for the selected workshop, and fill in all the relevant information.
Concerns and Grievances
Special Accommodations for Disabilities
Continuing Education Credit
While many associations and licensing bodies accept CTRI workshops for continuing education credits, questions about approval should be directed to the specific association or licensing body for which you are requesting the credits. Credit hours: There are six continuing education credits earned for each day of training. For example, a one-day workshop earns six continuing education hours, while a two-day workshop earns 12 hours. A certificate will be awarded upon the completion of the workshop. See our Continuing Education Credits page for more information.