- This event has passed.
Live Stream: Vicarious Trauma – Strategies for Resilience
Feb 15, 2018 (9 AM - 4 PM Central Time)
Price: $ 145.00 (regular rate)
Online Live Streaming
Trainer: Vicki Enns, MMFT, RMFT
About the trainer
Vicki Enns, MMFT, RMFT
This is a live stream event, please check our system requirements prior to registering.
Helpers regularly encounter stories and symptoms of trauma in their roles. There is growing evidence that the impact of directly supporting others through experiences of trauma goes beyond burnout or fatigue. The toll of witnessing intense human experiences and emotions can contribute to a negative transformation of a helper’s own sense of safety, and of being competent and purposeful. This workshop will provide participants with the opportunity to examine their own experience and become aware of the signs of both vicarious trauma and vicarious growth. Participants will develop a personalized plan to repair negative effects as well as accelerate their resilience.
About This Workshop
- The Impact of Helping Others
- The Inevitable Affect of Witnessing
- Vicarious Trauma and Post Traumatic Growth
- Contributors to Vulnerability and Resilience
- Recognize and Build Self-Awareness
- What are Your Patterns?
- Reduce Stress and Lighten the Load
- Repair and Rebuild Vulnerable Areas
- Rejuvenate and Expand Capacities
- Where to Increase the Load
- Reconnection with Life and Meaning
- The Gift of Resonance
- Building a Personalized Strategy Plan
Method of Delivery
Lecture, personal reflection, video, case study exercises, skill development and small group discussion
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop intended for social workers, social service and health care professionals, teachers, and anyone working in the helping profession
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Describe the process of vicarious impact on a helper from working with trauma.
- Distinguish between the concepts of secondary stress, vicarious trauma and vicarious resilience.
- Identify key vulnerabilities and strengths in one’s own practice as a helper.
- List strategies for the transformation of vicarious impact into resilience.
You Will Receive
A pdf copy of our resource manual.
Live streamed workshops are best viewed with another person. This allows you to fully participate in small group discussion and skill development opportunities. Note that each each person needs to individually register and pay.
What our clients have to say...
Add this to your Calendar
Registrations cancelled 7 or more days prior to the live event are refundable, minus a $20.00 administrative fee. Alternatively you may receive a credit to attend a future training. Cancellations less than 7 days prior to the event are non-refundable. If at anytime you are unable to attend, you are welcome to transfer your registration to another individual at no extra cost. In this case, please notify CTRI of the name of the alternate person who will be attending.
We reserve the right to cancel live events due to unforeseen circumstances or under-enrolment. Liability is limited to a refund of live webinar fees only.
Event participants will receive login details and information about viewing the live event by email approximately 3 days prior to the date of the event.