- This event has passed.
Live Stream: Resilience in Children – Creative Strategies for Helping
Mar 07 - Mar 08, 2018 (9 AM - 4 PM Central Time)
Price: $ 245.00 (regular rate)
Online Live Streaming
Trainer: Tricia Klassen, MSW, RSW
About the trainer
Tricia Klassen, MSW, RSW
This is a live stream event, please check our system requirements prior to registering.
When children are struggling with issues or life crises and attempts at talking do not work, engaging them with alternative approaches will often prove more helpful. Participants of this workshop will develop competency in engaging and communicating with children (ages 3-12) and their natural support systems. Drawing from the expressive arts (play, art, drama) and integrative body-based techniques (mindfulness, sensory, and whole-brain activities); practical skills that promote and build resilience in children will be presented. Informed by attachment theories, developmental psychology, family therapy and neuroscience, this training uses a variety of experiential exercises, role-plays and interactive activities to enhance participant learning.
About This Workshop
- Attachment Overview: Relationship, Rhythm and Resilience
- Developmental Knowledge and Putting it in Context
- What We’ve Learned About Growing Brains – Neuroscience
- Why Talking Doesn’t Always Work and Strategies that Do
- Somatic Approaches for Self-regulation – Working with Unsettled Bodies
- Why Imagination and Play are Still Important
- Creative Strategies for Engagement and Building Empathy Skills
- Emotional Literacy and Expressive Techniques
- Skills for Working with Resistance
- Building Connection and with Parents/caregivers: How to have Insight Before Giving Advice
- Tips for Handling Transitions and Crises
- How to Work with Groups for Maximum Benefit
- Capacity-building for Prevention and Transformation
Method of Delivery
Experiential practice of activities and exercises, small group work, lecture, video, and case study discussion.
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop intended for school personnel, social service and health care professionals, counsellors, parents and caregivers.
You Will Receive
A pdf copy of our resource manual.
Live streamed workshops are best viewed with another person. This allows you to fully participate in small group discussion and skill development opportunities. Note that each each person needs to individually register and pay.
What our clients have to say...
Add this to your Calendar
Registrations cancelled 7 or more days prior to the live event are refundable, minus a $20.00 administrative fee. Alternatively you may receive a credit to attend a future training. Cancellations less than 7 days prior to the event are non-refundable. If at anytime you are unable to attend, you are welcome to transfer your registration to another individual at no extra cost. In this case, please notify CTRI of the name of the alternate person who will be attending.
We reserve the right to cancel live events due to unforeseen circumstances or under-enrolment. Liability is limited to a refund of live webinar fees only.
Event participants will receive login details and information about viewing the live event by email approximately 3 days prior to the date of the event.