Live Stream: Play Therapy – Tools for Helping Children and Youth
About the trainer
Larisa Levalds, MA, RP
This is a live stream event, please check our system requirements prior to registering.
Children express themselves, learn about their world, and feel most at ease when playing. This interactive workshop focuses on how to use play therapy strategies to help children and youth positively cope and work through stressful life experiences. Participants will become familiar with Play Therapy theory, clinical guiding principles, and various directive and non-directive creative interventions to use with a wide age range of children and youth. From an experiential lens, this training explores how to apply playful strategies to support children and youth on their path to healing. Get ready to play!
Bonus: Participants will also receive a small play-based toolbox to use during the training, and to take home!
About This Workshop
Some of the Topics Reviewed
- Why does Play Therapy Work?
- Attachment, Neuroscience, Family Systems
- Children’s Growing Brains: Cognitive and Development Stages
- Inner Resiliency – Child-Centered Play Therapy
- Using Directive vs. Non-directive Approaches with Children and Youth
- How Play can Help Overcome Trauma
- Play-based Cognitive and Behavioral Therapy Strategies
- Creative Interventions for Emotional Awareness and Self-Reflection
- Art-Based Therapy
- Helping Children and Youth Develop Self-Regulation
- The Impact of Family – How Family Play Therapy Helps
- Building the Blocks of Attachment
- Somatic Approaches and Body-based Exercises
- Skills for using a Sand Tray
- Tools to use Puppetry
- Develop Story-telling Skills
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop intended for school personnel, social service and health care professionals, counselors, social workers, parents, and anyone wanting to gain increased capacity in helping children and youth.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, experiential practice of activities and exercises, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
- Describe theory and guiding principles of play therapy
- Understand the cognitive and developmental stages of children
- Describe age-appropriate directive and non-directive play therapy tools and interventions
- Illustrate practical and tangible tools for immediate use with client populations
What our clients have to say...
Add this to your Calendar
Registrations cancelled 7 or more days prior to the live event are refundable, minus a $20.00 administrative fee. Alternatively you may receive a credit to attend a future training. Cancellations less than 7 days prior to the event are non-refundable. If at anytime you are unable to attend, you are welcome to transfer your registration to another individual at no extra cost. In this case, please notify CTRI of the name of the alternate person who will be attending.
We reserve the right to cancel live events due to unforeseen circumstances or under-enrolment. Liability is limited to a refund of live webinar fees only.
Event participants will receive login details and information about viewing the live event by email approximately 3 days prior to the date of the event.