- This event has passed.
Live Stream: Mindfulness Counseling Strategies – Activating Compassion and Regulation
Jun 07 - Jun 08, 2018 (9 AM - 4 PM Central Time)
Price: $ 245.00 (regular rate)
Online Live Streaming
Trainer: Vicki Enns, MMFT, RMFT
About the trainer
Vicki Enns, MMFT, RMFT
This is a live stream event, please check our system requirements prior to registering.
The ability to regulate one’s body and find balance in emotion, thought and physical health is at the core of healing and well-being. This workshop is designed to teach participants how to facilitate development of these skills with their clients and develop their own capacity for using mindfulness-based strategies in their counselling work. In this highly experiential workshop, participants will practice mindfulness, regulation and activation strategies meant to promote compassionate self-awareness and emotional balance. The skills learned in this workshop are relevant and applicable for working with clients of all ages—from children to elders.
About This Workshop
- Key Components of Regulation and Mindful Awareness
- The Active Ingredients of Compassion and Connection
- Establishing an Ability to Experience Calm States
- The Strangeness of Being Still
- The Role of Activation and Energy
- Engaging the Body: Mindful Movement
- Signs of Healing
- The Power of Presence and Attunement
- Healthy Connection with Others
- Co-regulation: The Natural Healing of Relationships
- Using Mindfulness and Regulation Strategies in Counselling Settings
- The Healing Properties of Joy: Expanding Room for Life
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop for social service and health care professionals, teachers, social workers and anyone wanting to gain mindfulness tools and strategies.
Method of Delivery
Lecture, personal reflection, video, case study exercises, skill development and small group discussion
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Describe the key components of mindful awareness and regulation.
- Identify signs of increased regulation.
- Describe steps for developing attunement with clients.
- Identify steps for teaching mindful awareness and regulation skills to clients
- Apply principles of mindfulness training in their own lives and with client work.
What our clients have to say...
Add this to your Calendar
Registrations cancelled 7 or more days prior to the live event are refundable, minus a $20.00 administrative fee. Alternatively you may receive a credit to attend a future training. Cancellations less than 7 days prior to the event are non-refundable. If at anytime you are unable to attend, you are welcome to transfer your registration to another individual at no extra cost. In this case, please notify CTRI of the name of the alternate person who will be attending.
We reserve the right to cancel live events due to unforeseen circumstances or under-enrolment. Liability is limited to a refund of live webinar fees only.
Event participants will receive login details and information about viewing the live event by email approximately 3 days prior to the date of the event.