Live Stream: Mindfulness Counseling Strategies – Activating Compassion and Regulation
About the trainer
Vicki Enns, MMFT, RMFT
This is a live stream event, please check our system requirements prior to registering.
The ability to regulate one’s body and find balance in emotion, thought, and physical health is at the core of healing and well-being. This workshop is designed to first teach participants to develop these skills for themselves. From this base, the application of mindfulness-based strategies in counseling work is explored. In this highly experiential training, participants will practice mindfulness, regulation, and activation strategies meant to promote compassionate self-awareness and emotional balance. The skills learned are relevant and applicable for working with clients of all ages—from children to elders.
About This Workshop
Some of the Topics Reviewed
- The Active Ingredients of Health, Balance, and Regulation
- Key Components of Mindful Awareness
- The Benefits of Mindfulness
- An Embodied Approach to the Mind
- Breathing Strategies
- Cultivating Body Awareness
- Focus on Mindful Movement
- Interpersonal Regulation
- The Impact of Therapeutic Relationship
- The Role of Wise Compassion
This is an intermediate level workshop for social service and health care professionals, counselors, social workers, school personnel, and anyone wanting to gain mindfulness tools and strategies.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, case study exercises, experiential practice, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Describe the key components of mindful awareness and regulation
- Identify signs of increased regulation
- Describe steps for developing attunement with clients
- Identify steps for teaching mindful awareness and regulation skills to clients
- Apply principles of mindfulness training in their own lives and with clients
What our clients have to say...
Add this to your Calendar
Registrations cancelled 7 or more days prior to the live event are refundable, minus a $20.00 administrative fee. Alternatively you may receive a credit to attend a future training. Cancellations less than 7 days prior to the event are non-refundable. If at anytime you are unable to attend, you are welcome to transfer your registration to another individual at no extra cost. In this case, please notify CTRI of the name of the alternate person who will be attending.
We reserve the right to cancel live events due to unforeseen circumstances or under-enrolment. Liability is limited to a refund of live webinar fees only.
Event participants will receive login details and information about viewing the live event by email approximately 3 days prior to the date of the event.