Live Stream: Mental Health Awareness and Support
About the trainer
Paul Carrick, MSW, RSW
Offered through ACHIEVE Centre for Leadership & Workplace Performance
This is a live stream event, please check our system requirements prior to registering.
Mental health concerns will directly impact one in every five people. The remaining four will know a friend, family member, co-worker, or acquaintance that struggles with their mental health. It is essential that organizations build capacity to support those with mental health concerns because early identification and support typically leads to continued employee wellbeing. This workshop will explore factors affecting mental health, give participants a general overview of common adult mental illnesses and, most importantly, how to be a support. Participants will learn strategies for creating a more inclusive work environment that reduces stigma surrounding mental illness.
About This Workshop
Some of the Topics Reviewed
- Why Mental Health Matters
- Stigma and Myths About Mental Illness
- Illness as Influence, not Identity
- A Review of Common Mental Illnesses
- Mental Illness and Addictions
- Mental Illness and Suicide
- Keys to Creating a Supportive Environment
- People and Organizations to Access
- Finding a Qualified Counselor
- Tips for Supporting Those That May Be Struggling
- How to Approach Someone About a Mental Health Concern
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop applicable to anyone wanting to learn more about mental health, including employees and managers.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Explain the difference between mental illness and mental health
- List common adult mental illnesses
- Describe symptoms related to different mental illnesses
- Learn practical ways of supporting those with mental illness
What our clients have to say...
Add this to your Calendar
Registrations cancelled 7 or more days prior to the live event are refundable, minus a $20.00 administrative fee. Alternatively you may receive a credit to attend a future training. Cancellations less than 7 days prior to the event are non-refundable. If at anytime you are unable to attend, you are welcome to transfer your registration to another individual at no extra cost. In this case, please notify CTRI of the name of the alternate person who will be attending.
We reserve the right to cancel live events due to unforeseen circumstances or under-enrolment. Liability is limited to a refund of live webinar fees only.
Event participants will receive login details and information about viewing the live event by email approximately 3 days prior to the date of the event.