Live Stream: Mediation – Facilitating Conflict Resolution
About the trainer
Offered through ACHIEVE Centre for Leadership & Workplace Performance
This is a live stream event, please check our system requirements prior to registering.
Unresolved conflict is time consuming and limits the productivity of everyone involved. Mediation is an essential skill for anyone who works in situations where they are responsible for helping others with interpersonal tension. When two people can’t resolve a conflict on their own, a third party may be needed to facilitate a conversation to help resolve the conflict. This skills-based workshop provides the tools to work with people in conflict to clarify misunderstandings, identify interests, and work towards options for resolving the conflict. Participants will work with scenarios that help them prepare to intervene and resolve conflict situations.
About This Workshop
Some of the Topics Reviewed
- The Alternative Dispute Resolution Spectrum
- Types of Mediation
- Understanding Conflict Dynamics
- Assessing the Conflict
- Road Blocks to Effective Mediation
- Qualities of a Mediator
- Key Mediation Skills and Strategies
- How to Introduce the Mediation Process
- Pre-Mediation Considerations
- The Five Phases of Mediation
- Post-Mediation Considerations
This is an intermediate level workshop for human resources personnel, leaders, managers and supervisors, and anyone who responsible for helping others with interpersonal tension.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, case study exercises, experiential practice, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Understand what mediation is useful for and how it works as a tool for resolving disputes
- Identify and understand the role of the mediator as a distinct way of working with people
- Prepare themselves and participants for a mediation process
- Apply a process for conducting a face-to-face mediation
- Navigate different types of conflict within a mediation process
- Conclude and follow-up after a mediation
What our clients have to say...
Add this to your Calendar
Registrations cancelled 7 or more days prior to the live event are refundable, minus a $20.00 administrative fee. Alternatively you may receive a credit to attend a future training. Cancellations less than 7 days prior to the event are non-refundable. If at anytime you are unable to attend, you are welcome to transfer your registration to another individual at no extra cost. In this case, please notify CTRI of the name of the alternate person who will be attending.
We reserve the right to cancel live events due to unforeseen circumstances or under-enrolment. Liability is limited to a refund of live webinar fees only.
Event participants will receive login details and information about viewing the live event by email approximately 3 days prior to the date of the event.