Live Stream: Dealing with Difficult People
About the trainer
Mike Labun, BA
Offered through ACHIEVE Centre for Leadership & Workplace Performance
This is a live stream event, please check our system requirements prior to registering.
We all encounter people we find difficult, and typically conversations with them leave us feeling frustrated, stressed, angry, or tired. This workshop explores what is happening in those exchanges and demonstrates how people can adapt their strategies to bring about more productive conversations with those they find difficult. Individual approaches for dealing with difficult people will be explored, with an emphasis on understanding and adapting one’s approach to create different results. Participants will learn how to create the right conditions for a conversation with a person they find difficult. They will also be provided with a variety of practical strategies for engaging with people they find difficult.
About This Workshop
Some of the Topics Reviewed
- Who is a Difficult Person?
- Shift Judgment to Curiosity
- The Cycle of Escalating Difficult Behavior
- Approaches for Dealing with Difficult People
- Strategies for Dealing with Bullying Behavior
- Skills for Dealing with the Passive Aggressive Person
- How to Defuse the Angry Person
- Strategies for Dealing with the Resistant Person
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, case study exercises, experiential practice, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Understand their own areas of influence and control in their difficult relationships with others
- Recognize how their personal style may impact their conversation with a person they find difficult
- Apply a practical approach for dealing with four different types of difficult people, including the “Chronically Angry Person,” the “Resistant Person,” the “Passive Aggressive Person,” and the “Bullying Person”
- Develop a plan to positively engage with a difficult person they have identified
What our clients have to say...
Add this to your Calendar
Registrations cancelled 7 or more days prior to the live event are refundable, minus a $20.00 administrative fee. Alternatively you may receive a credit to attend a future training. Cancellations less than 7 days prior to the event are non-refundable. If at anytime you are unable to attend, you are welcome to transfer your registration to another individual at no extra cost. In this case, please notify CTRI of the name of the alternate person who will be attending.
We reserve the right to cancel live events due to unforeseen circumstances or under-enrolment. Liability is limited to a refund of live webinar fees only.
Event participants will receive login details and information about viewing the live event by email approximately 3 days prior to the date of the event.