- This event has passed.
Live Stream: Conflict Resolution Skills
About the trainer
Mike Labun, BA
Offered through ACHIEVE Centre for Leadership & Workplace Performance
This is a live stream event, please check our system requirements prior to registering.
The results of unhealthy and poorly managed conflict create a negative impact for individuals and groups. Those people who master essential conflict resolution skills reduce the occurrence of negative conflict, leading to healthier, happier relationships and work environments. Many conflicts would not spiral out of control if people used conflict resolution techniques that are easy to learn and utilize. This workshop explores the various dynamics of conflict, including its sources and how it often escalates in predictable patterns. Participants will learn skills for responding confidently and effectively to conflict.
About This Workshop
Some of the Topics Reviewed
- How Conflict Escalates
- Dealing with Misunderstandings
- The Intention Check Tool
- Strategies for Dealing with Disagreements
- The Interest Check: Moving from Positions to Interest
- Conflict Resolution Style Preferences
- The Style Check Tool
- Key Skills for Conflict Resolution
- Trigger Phrases to Avoid
- Strategies for Staying Calm in Conflict
- The Four-Part Conflict Resolution Process
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, case study exercises, experiential practice, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Understand common roots of conflict and how it escalates so that they can address it at the appropriate level and time
- Use practice models for addressing conflict rooted in misunderstandings, disagreements, and different personal styles
- Effectively utilize the four-part framework for conducting positive conflict resolution conversations
What our clients have to say...
Add this to your Calendar
Registrations cancelled 7 or more days prior to the live event are refundable, minus a $20.00 administrative fee. Alternatively you may receive a credit to attend a future training. Cancellations less than 7 days prior to the event are non-refundable. If at anytime you are unable to attend, you are welcome to transfer your registration to another individual at no extra cost. In this case, please notify CTRI of the name of the alternate person who will be attending.
We reserve the right to cancel live events due to unforeseen circumstances or under-enrolment. Liability is limited to a refund of live webinar fees only.
Event participants will receive login details and information about viewing the live event by email approximately 3 days prior to the date of the event.