One of the most difficult and often overlooked aspects of moving into a supervisory or management position is developing the skills necessary to truly manage people. Like all skills, management skills must be learned. This workshop presents the crucial skills for managing employment relationships from beginning to end, with particular focus on hiring and performance management. Both new and existing supervisors and managers will find this workshop useful as they work on developing skills for managing people.
This workshop is presented by ACHIEVE Centre for Leadership & Workplace Performance.
About This Workshop
- The Role of Management
- Essential Management Aptitudes and Skills
- Management Style Assessment
- Knowing Your Management Style
- How to Adapt Your Management Style
- Hiring New Employees for Talent and Fit
- Defining Expectations
- Creating Committed and Engaged Employees
- Performance Management
- How to Deliver a Performance Review
- Discipline and Termination
- Skill Development