ACHIEVE CEO and Author, Randy Grieser, will share his own journey of leadership and inspire you to think differently and grow as a leader. This training is based on his book, The Ordinary Leader: 10 Key Insights for Building and Leading a Thriving Organization, and explores how to make each of these insights a reality in your own organization. Particular attention is given to employee engagement and organizational health – two areas that an international ACHIEVE survey showed were of the greatest importance to leaders and employees. Participants will learn new and different ways of working through challenges and capitalizing on opportunities, and be encouraged to think critically about their own approach to leadership.
Offered through ACHIEVE Centre for Leadership & Workplace Performance
About This Workshop
Some of the Topics Included
- Employee Engagement Matters Most
- Passionate Leadership is Rooted in Purpose
- Vision Should Drive Our Work
- Mitigating and Managing Our Weaknesses
- The Role Core Values Play in Talent Selection
- Keeping Great Talent
- Human and Financial Costs of Unhealthy Workplaces
- Organizational Health is the Glue
- Getting the Right Things Done
- Innovation is Not about Technology, it’s about Solving Problems
- The Number One Task Not to Delegate
- Leaders Don’t Arrive
This is an intermediate-advanced level workshop for leaders, managers, supervisors, and anyone providing leadership within organization.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Assess for and address issues impacting organizational health
- Incorporate strategies to better attract and keep talented employees
- Implement tools for creating and maintaining employee engagement
- Mitigate and manage weaknesses
- Delegate more effectively
One day version
The one day workshop is great for groups of leaders from multiple organizations. It is a fast day that covers a lot of material.
Two day version
The two day version of this workshop is ideal for leaders from the same organization. The material is the same as in the one day version, but the pace is much slower. This allows for more detailed discussion about how to implement the ideas presented.