Please note: This workshop does not provide training for clinical therapy or review clinical conditions that may lead to challenging behaviors.
About This Workshop
- What are Challenging Behaviors?
- Your Response and the Role of Empathy
- When Challenging Behavior Escalates
- Coaching and Providing Direction
- Finding Your Interaction Style
- Positioning Yourself to Coach
- Behavior Guidance
- A Coaching Model for Challenging Behaviors
- Aggressive Reactions
- Key Concepts in Defusing Aggression
- Coaching to Guide Aggression
- Key Concepts in Reshaping Noncompliance
- Coaching to Guide Noncompliance
- Attention Seeking
- Key Concepts in Attention Seeking
- Coaching to Guide Attention Seeking
View an abbreviated
Access our easy
Method of Delivery
Lecture, video, group exercises, and small group discussion.
This is an introductory level workshop intended for social service and health care professionals, teachers, parents and anyone working with children and youth who exhibit challenging behaviors.